Account SupervisorAPPLY NOW
BASED IN DENVER, COLORADO
Send a cover letter/email, writing samples and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Who are we?
We’re passionate, professional, and purpose driven. We’re dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients and one another. Being a part of this award-winning agency will connect you to a roster of distinguished restaurants, hotels, real estate projects, and lifestyle brands across the country, elevating your career and your professional connections. At Prim + Co, we believe in a work-life blend, where you’ll be empowered to continue learning and growing through mentorship and training along with a connected company culture.
Who are you?
Creative, collaborative, connected. You strive to be your best and help others to be their best. You’re driven, savvy and solution oriented. Motivated and passionate, you continue to find ways to ideate and innovate, bringing client service to a whole new level. If this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Account Supervisor is seasoned in media relations, the client go-to, and is working on account strategy when not flawlessly executing a FAM or media experience. They play a crucial role in not just delivering big hits, features, and profile stories for clients, but also begin taking a bigger role in helping Account Directors manage the team and lead in-person client-facing interactions. At this stage, the ideal person has solid media relationships in place (in both regional and national markets), meets with media regularly, and is constantly concepting pitch angles based on sound research to get media engaged and excited. In this role, the ideal candidate will take proactive ownership, overseeing the strategy for media relations-focused tasks, looking at accounts holistically to understand what is needed, and then jumping in for team members at all levels to help / alleviate where needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Day-to-day client go-to
- Proactive approach to managing client needs/expectations
- Lead client calls
- May lead larger accounts with senior leadership oversight
- Assist with strategy, planning, implementation and evaluation of PR activities
- Creative brainstorming, program and pitch development
- Build relationships with chambers, destinations, CVBs and offices of tourism in the markets that serve your clients
- Have a wide range of go-to media contacts making you (and your clients) look like a star as you secure top-tier national and local press and features
- Proactive media relations (pitching, organizing media/influencer visits, reviewing and approving media lists) is very much the focus of your day to day
- Create press kits and organize brand assets for media to reference
- Regularly dig into newspapers, magazines, network and cable news shows, blogs and digital pieces to find new angles, new editors and new contributors to create new relationships
- Organize pitch priorities; assign and oversee progress of pitches to team members with support of account leadership
- Regularly coordinate in-person media meetings with journalists on location
- Secure and host media and influencers on press trips, media appointments and events
- Lead and book media tours with clients
- Oversee the workflow of junior team members
- Create 90-day and annual plans to impact client goals and KPI’s
- Regularly lead the junior team through projects to make check marks against goals and KPI’s
- You confidently secure meetings with relevant brands that may impact your clients’ goals
- There is an organization or two you’ve become attached to outside the office where you’re networking and creating unique connections
- You seek out opportunities for learning by attending conferences, workshops and events on behalf of the agency
- And other tasks, projects or duties as required
- College Degree required
- At least 3-5 years of public relations experience in hospitality, tourism, culinary, restaurant, real estate and/or consumer lifestyle arenas, either having worked in an agency or in-house position
- Must have stellar hotel or restaurant media references
- Must have strong and proven relationships with local, regional and national media contacts
- Must provide examples of press releases and pitches sent on a client or employer’s behalf
- Must have experience working with Cision, Muckrack or another media contact platform
- Influencer marketing experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Instagram
- Strong understanding of Influencer relations and engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
- $60-70K annual salary
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Flex week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 10 paid holidays
- Birthday PTO
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- SIMPLE IRA retirement contribution match
- Flexible work environment. Work from home or in the office as needed.
- Commission on new business
- Restaurant trade
- Monthly cell phone stipend
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, send a cover letter/email, writing samples and resume to email@example.com to join the Prim + Co team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prim + Co strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Prim + Co recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Prim + Co may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.