Associate PublicistAPPLY NOW
Prim + Co – Denver, CO
To apply, send a cover letter/email and work examples to email@example.com.
Who are we?
Prim + Co is an award-winning boutique public relations agency with offices in Denver, Colorado. We pride ourselves as being an aggressive, full-service communications firm with the experience, connections and media savvy our clients expect from a top-tier agency. We’re passionate, professional, and purpose driven. Most importantly, we’re dedicated to our work, the agency, our clients and each other.
Prim is looking for a dedicated, proactive and creative individual to join the team as an associate publicist. This person will be expected to have competency and understanding of basic public relations including written and verbal communication, editorial calendars, pitching, computer programs and general research. They will be expected to write accurately, factually and concisely complying with the AP style. They should have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, media and clients. They should be comfortable multi-tasking and working quickly in a self-motived way as part of a collaborative team.
- Support activity such as pitching stories, generating media coverage, writing press materials, updating client status reports, creating coverage reports, creating campaign recaps
- Begin to interact with clients for the scheduling of interviews and management of media relationships
- Attend and assist with the coordination of client events
- Work check-in during media and client events
- Execute grassroots marketing activations and samplings
- Coordinate and attend client meetings, events, photo shoots, desk side appointments, and on-air television appearances
- Assist account supervisor with duties as assigned
- Create targeted media lists using available software
- Develop and maintain working relationships with media contacts
- Coordinate communication between clients, community representatives, media and others as appropriate
- Update and maintain press kits and fact sheets
- Update and manage account clip books and media trackers
- Conduct daily media monitoring for clients and competitors
- Join industry associations and attend industry networking events including PRSA
- Provide regular feedback to account supervisor regarding campaigns, coverage, and events
- Organize photo and brand assets for clients including filing, adding appropriate credits and titles
- Distribute press materials to approved media
- Provide support and execution of general and basic administrative duties including updating lists, clip files and books, mailings, data entry, etc.
- Assist with general research projects
- Assist the public relations department in any other ways needed in order to facilitate their requirements
- College Degree required
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a public relations internship or similar role
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Understanding of Cision and/or Muckrack or other media searching platform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must have a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance
- Salary starting at $40K/year
- Three weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- Birthday PTO
- Flex week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- Flexible work environment. Work from home or in the office as needed
- Commission on new business
- Restaurant trade
- Monthly cell phone stipend
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online with a resume, cover letter/email, pitching examples and press release examples at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the Prim + Co team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prim + Co strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.