Public Relations InternshipAPPLY NOW
Spring and Summer Internships
To apply, email a resume, pitch examples and press release examples to email@example.com.
The Prim + Co internship program allows for the knowledge learned in school to translate into the workforce. The PR intern supports the administrative duties of the publicists, teams, clients, and accounts. Being new to the industry, you’re eager to rise to the occasion and learn in a fast-paced environment. A PR intern is exposed to all facets of the agency from the administrative level and assists in monitoring, updating, researching, and reporting on client services, teams, and tasks. This position requires reliability and a passion for devouring every publication as a resource in the lifestyle, hospitality and consumer product industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with reporting and gathering information to develop efficient round-up pitches
- Create and write press materials: fact sheets, media lists, press releases, newsletters, bios/backgrounders
- Clip, draft placement spotlights, pitches, press releases for clients
- Hone writing skills, blurb writing and elevate press releases
- Monitor and update all administrative task and duties/project management platforms
- Assist in brainstorming and planning sessions/story angles and partnerships
- Assist with data input for weekly reporting and client updates
- Navigate Muck Rack, updating quality media lists
- Research publications, editorial calendars, and maintain targeted media lists
- Assist with drafting of weekly updates working with publicist
- Responsible for media tracking & client reporting (media clips, placement spotlights, digital alerts and calculating PR values)
- Establish and maintain effective, respectful and professional relationships with employees and clients
- Ability to perform other tasks or projects assigned by account leads or executive members
- Assist in research on upcoming trends, articles and social media relating to the PR industry & clients specific to travel, luxury hospitality & culinary
- Support grassroots marketing efforts and product deliveries for media
- Currently enrolled in accredited university pursuing a public relations, communications, journalism or marketing degree OR recently received a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, marketing and/or business
- Previous experience with traditional PR platforms is preferred (Muck Rack, Cision, HAROs, etc.)
- Computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Foundational knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
- Must be able to commit to a weekly schedule
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prim + Co strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Prim + Co’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Prim + Co may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.