Senior PublicistAPPLY NOW
To apply, email a resume, cover letter, pitching and press release examples to email@example.com.
As a Senior Publicist, you are our in-house media relations go-to. This means flawlessly handling everything from building media lists, to drafting and helping with pitches, to rocking the end-to-end coordination of a media event or FAM: pitching, planning, staffing, developing the itinerary, and attending. Your fingers are on the pulse of the industry, which means you’re also getting hits and placements, and proactively reaching out and submitting clients for award submissions. You’re also starting to have more direct client communications, which means responding to emails, having a bigger voice on client calls, directly reaching out to the client when needed, and competently and confidently handling incoming day-to-day requests.
Duties And Responsibilities
Account + Client Management
- Provide approvals on agendas, reports, and updates for the junior team members
- Oversee the workflow of junior team members
- Have a deep understanding of reporting, particularly in Muck Ruck and/or Cision
- Actively participate in creative brainstorming and pitch development
- Provide attention to detail, while being able to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- May be a primary client go-to on select initiatives
- Lead portions of client meetings with the support of account supervisor
Establish and grow relationships with media and influencers by taking more 1:1 meetings
- Organize, invite and host press trips
- Concept creative and targeted pitch projects for the team that are aligned with account goals
- Facilitate media experiences in local, regional and national markets
- Monitor and manage editorial calendars, assign duties to team as necessary
- Be an account authority – you have your finger on the pulse of the junior team workflow and are beginning to anticipate what’s needed next in support of the senior team member(s)
- Offer mentorship and guidance to Junior Publicists and interns
- Seek opportunities to get involved in relevant organizations
- Remain up-to-date on and share news on trends in our industry as well as those impacting your clients by following relevant blogs, websites, influencers, newsletters, etc.
- And other tasks, projects, or duties as required
- College Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 2 years public relations experience
- Agency experience preferred
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in a hospitality environment is a plus
- Strong ability to write press releases and pitches in AP style
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of media and news cycles
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Basic understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Foundational understanding of Influencer engagement
- Polished and professional demeanor
Prim offers a competitive benefits package, inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive base salary: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience
- Three weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays
- Birthday PTO
- Flex week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Health, vision and dental coverage
- IRA plan with employer contribution match
- Hybrid office schedule
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Prim strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Prim recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Prim may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.